Housing Initiative Connector Project
Purpose of the Project
We connect those in need to the services and agencies that are best suited to their immediate and future needs. Building healthy people and strong communities.
- Increase navigation and guidance for people accessing services designed to help move people along the housing continuum
- Connectors will work with various service organizations to increase service planning, continuity and follow-through for the client
We help with a broad range of services, some of which include:
- Assistance with apartment searches
- Assistance with paperwork
- Connecting to financial assistance
- Connecting to programs and services available through North Lambton Community Health Centre
- Arranging transportation for medical appointments, apartment viewing, food bank and grocery store visits
- Referrals to external partners
- Advocacy when working with external agencies and organizations
If your current living situation is:
Our team includes Community Connectors and a Social Worker. We are part of a larger community of health care professionals through the North Lambton Community Health Centre and our various sites in Sarnia, Forest, Kettle Point and Watford.
We make referrals to external agencies when required such as CMHA ( Canadian Mental Health Association), Rebound, CLAS (Community Legal Assistance Sarnia) and a wide range of other partners.
North Lambton CHC - Forest Site
West Lambton CHC - Sarnia Site
Safe, affordable housing is required in every community for people to thrive. Projects funded by the County of Lambton's Housing Initiative are designed to increase the community's capacity to move people along the housing continuum and improve housing stability and safety.